381 Lutwyche Rd
Growl Theatre has announced audition registrations for their upcoming production of ‘Boeing Boeing’ are now open – by Marc Camoletti, with direction by Brendan James and Charles Langford.
About the show:
Boeing Boeing is set in the roaring 1960s, and centres on bachelor Bernard, who has a flat in Paris and three stewardesses all engaged to him without knowing about each other. Bernard’s life gets bumpy, though, when his friend Robert comes to stay, and complications such as weather and a new, speedier Boeing jet disrupt his careful planning. Soon, all three stewardesses are in the city simultaneously, and catastrophe looms
- Check the dates. If you cannot make any of the performance dates or critical rehearsals, do not audition. Unavailability at certain points during the production may not be critical, but we can avoid awkwardness and additional work if people provide info at this early stage.
- Complete the Audition Registration Form to register your interest with your name, phone number and role/s you’re auditioning for.
- Practice and prepare one (or more) of the script extracts for your preferred character(s).
- Email email@example.com your headshot and acting CV.
- Bernard (30s – 40s): An American bachelor who resides in Paris, working as an architect. Bernard has the air of a “ladies man” who believes he has the female sex all figured out. He is charming and attractive, but a seductive scoundrel. He is engaged to all three air hostesses and uses flight timetables to keep “one up, one down, and one pending,” ensuring the women are never in his apartment at the same time. He is proud of his deception until it starts to unravel (along with his confidence). (American accent)
- Robert (30s – 40s): An old friend of Bernard’s who travels to Paris from Wisconsin. A shy, sweet, small-town boy, Robert initially disapproves of Bernard’s situation-though he can admit it has its advantages. He admires Bernard’s ability to keep things balanced. Soon, however, Robert is caught up in the game himself, trying to keep Bernard’s plan intact and stop his own anxiety from spinning out of control. (American accent)
- Berthe (age non-specific): Bernard’s housekeeper. Berthe is an obedient and meticulous maid, which makes her integral to Bernard’s charade, but she isn’t shy about voicing her growing dissatisfaction with Bernard’s revolving-door lifestyle. Wonderfully sarcastic and blunt; also exhausted and exasperated. (French accent)
- Gloria (20s – 30s): Bernard’s American fiancée with a strong appetite for love, success, and unique food. She is an air hostess for TWA. Playfully cunning, confident, strong-willed, and not afraid to speak her mind. Politically progressive for the 60s, and is often offended when people do not share her opinion. (American accent)
- Gabriella (20s – 30s): Bernard’s Italian fiancée. She is an air hostess for Alitalia. Feisty and seductive, she is incredibly smart and much more independent than she initially appears. (Italian accent)
- Gretchen (20s – 30s): Bernard’s German fiancée. She is an air hostess for Lusthansa. Dominating but loving, she is full of intense passion that can switch between soft and sweet to loud and destructive in a moment. She is both intimidating and yet loveable. (German accent)
Callbacks will take place on Monday, 10 May 2021 from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM at the Windsor School of Arts.
Rehearsals commence from Saturday, 6 June 2021 and will continue until full tech rehearsals begin on Sunday, 1 August 2021. Rehearsals are held on Monday evenings (6:30 PM-9:30 PM), Thursday evenings (6:30 PM-9:30 PM) and Sundays (1:30 PM – 4:30 PM).
Performances include Friday, 13 August to Saturday, 28 August 2021 (evening shows begin at 7:30 PM and matinee shows begin at 2:00 PM).
For more information, visit Growl Theatre’s website.