Over 60 million people worldwide have fallen in love with the characters, the story and the music that make ‘Mamma Mia!’ the ultimate feel-good show! ABBA’s hits tell the hilarious story of a young woman’s search for her birth father. This sunny and funny tale unfolds on a Greek island paradise.
‘Mamma Mia!’ is a high energy production that requires a full commitment from the cast who are selected. You must be able to commit to ALL rehearsals.
Information Evening will be held on Friday, 8 November 2019 at 7:00 PM (Noosa Arts Theatre).
Pre-Audition Workshop will be held on Sunday, 1 December from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM. All cast will be required to move, so attendance at the pre-audition workshops is important as this is when you will learn the audition routine. A half hour rehearsal time will be allocated on audition day to learn and refresh.
The season runs 9 April – 2 May 2020 and include the Easter holidays. Performance times are:
- April 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30 at 7.30 PM
- April 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26 at 2:00 PM
- May 1, 2 at 7.30 PM
Rehearsals will be held on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
Auditions will be held at Noosa Arts Theatre. Principal auditions are by appointment only, whereas ensemble/dancer auditions will run in 2-hour blocks.
- Principal Auditions – by appointment on Tuesday, 3 December or Thursday, 5 December 2019; between 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM.
- Ensemble/Dancer Auditions – Tuesday, 3 December 2019; 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Chorus and Dancers – Thursday, 5 December 2019; 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- Call-backs (individuals to be notified) – Sunday, 8 December 2019 at 10:00 AM
An Audition time slot can be booked AFTER the information session (held at Noosa Arts Theatre at 7:00 PM on Friday, 8 November 2019) or Saturday, 9 November 2019 by phoning Judy on 0418214254 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audition Requirements and backing tracks are available at: https://www.noosaartstheatre.org.au/auditions/