Cnr Stevens & Ferry Streets Nerang Qld 4211
Javeenbah Theatre Company is beyond excited to announce their auditions for ‘Playhouse Creatures’ – directed by Kaela Gray.
About the show:
The year in 1669, a bawdy and troublesome time. Theatres have just reopened after 17 years of Puritan suppression. There is a surge in dramatic writing and the first English actresses appear on stage. Playhouse Creatures focuses on 5 of the most famous (Nell Gwyn, Elizabeth Farley, Rebecca Marshall, Doll Common and Mary Betterton) to provide a moving and often comic account of the precarious lives of Restoration actresses.
The creative team of Playhouse Creatures seeks vivacious, dynamic and fabulous actors to join their production. From the team behind 2019’s ‘The Penelopiad’, this show is set to follow in its imaginative footsteps.
Please download the Audition Kit on Javeenbah Theatre Company’s website (link below). Choreography will be movement-based, as opposed to dancing.
Roles (all with English Accents):
- Nell Gwynn – lewd, canny, diamond in the rough (18 – mid 20’s)
- Elizabeth Farley – haughty, naïve, shrewd (20’s)
- Rebecca Marshall – assured, brazen, resilient (20s–30s)
- Doll Common – honest, loyal, crass (50’s +)
- Mary Betterton – poised, refined, measured (40’s)
- The Muse – This is a role created specifically for this production. It requires a female singer who can comfortably sing the back catalogue of Sia.
Rehearsals will commence in April, with auditions occurring earlier to allow for costume production.
Performances include Friday, 16th July – Saturday, 31st July 2021.
For more information, visit Javeenbah Theatre Company Inc.’s website.