16 Mitchell Street
Nambour QLD 4560
Lind Lane Theatre has announced auditions for their upcoming production of ‘Radiance – The Passion of Marie Curie’ are now open – by Alan Alda with direction by Kathyrn Barnes.
About the show:
Through backbreaking long hours in a ramshackle lab in Paris, Marie Curie and her husband Pierre achieve the revolutionary discovery of radioactivity. However, just when they begin to achieve success and recognition, events overtake their private lives and a scandal threatens Marie’s career. At a time when it was unheard of for women to take prominent roles or win awards in public life, Marie Curie broke all of the social and academic barriers, but at what cost? This is a gritty, juicy drama about perseverance, passion, struggle, recognition and respect in society for women.
- Marie Curie – Stage age 40’s. – Driven and analytical. Cold exterior, but passionate inside. Experienced actor as this role requires the actor to be on stage for most of the play.
- Pierre Curie – Stage age 45-50’s. Slightly older than Marie. – Scientific, stable and strong personality. Loves Marie deeply.
- Paul Langevin – Stage age 35-40’s. Slightly younger than Marie – Scientific, but softer personality than Pierre. Falls in love with Marie.
- Jeanne Langevin – Stage age 30’s. – Wife of Paul. Feels inadequate. At times angry and emotional.
- Emile Borel – Stage age 40-50’s. – Narrator. Mathematician and loyal friend of Pierre and Marie.
- Marguerite Borel – Stage age 30-40’s. – Wife of Emile and friend of Marie. Optimistic and happy.
- Terbougie – Stage age 30’s-60’s – French journalist
- Tornebladh – Stage age 30’s-60’s – French academic
Time period – 1898 – 1911. Stage ages listed are only a guideline. People outside these ages who feel they may fit these roles are encouraged to audition. The most important criteria is the ability to display a range of emotions. Terbougie and Tornebladh can be played by the same actor.
Performances include Friday, 10 September to Saturday, 18 September 2021.
For more information, visit the Lind Lane Theatre website.