Theatre Haus is recognised by the community, independent and professional theatre sectors as one of the leading digital media platforms for the creative arts industry in Queensland.
As an established and recognisable brand, we are charged with covering all areas of theatre – including news, reviews, editorials, auditions and events listings – and are responsible for the publication, promotion, support and delivery of theatrical content and information to our state.
Originally launched in February 2019 by a group of Queensland creatives, Theatre Haus was formed to fill a void in quality local publications. We recognised a niche opportunity for collaboration and information sharing across sectors within the performing arts community. As such, we formed an independent publication that was both Queensland-centred and theatre-focused.
A large team of volunteer contributors operate under the titles of ‘Haus Mates’ and ‘Haus Sitters’. Our founders are affiliated with governing bodies within the performing arts industry, and we pride ourselves on producing content that reflects such attitudes. We believe in support, positivity and encouragement of the arts within our region.
Queensland’s Home of Theatre can be found on Facebook, Instagram or by visiting www.theatrehaus.com.
- To provide a digital directory for the community that promotes events, auditions, projects, opportunities, organisations and individual creatives
- To stimulate dialogue and collaboration, and bridge gaps between sectors of the industry
- To celebrate the industry and encourage development
- To offer feedback and critical commentary on events in structured and detailed reviews
- To encourage creatives to reach their full potential and discover opportunities within the industry
Theatre Haus has reviewers and journalists that cover several Queensland cities.
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast